[CBQ] Lyon Farm/Kendall County Historical Fall Festval Sept 23 and 24th

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com, BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Lyon Farm/Kendall County Historical Fall Festval Sept 23 and 24th
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 11:13:33 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The BRHS will be staffing the Burlington waycar and original Plano,IL depot at
the Kendall County Historical Society fall festival on Sat Sept 23 and Sunday
Sept 24.
The festival is held at Lyon Farm located at 7935 Rte 71 between Oswego and
Yorkville,IL.

The festival is a fun time for all ages with Farm threshing, plowing, etc,
ongoing. In the restored small village are several homes and businesses which
will be open for tours. This is where the depot and waycar are located. There
is also an antique car show as well as vintage farm tractors and equipment.
There will be dozens of crafters on hand selling their goods. We will have the
company store on hand as well as membership info.

I am looking for 4-5 members to join me in staffing the event. We are expected
to be on hand from 10-4 each day. The more members who help the more time each
of us will have to enjoy the rest of the festivals events. If you can only help
for a couple hours that will be great. I'm bringing markers to hang on the
waycar and kerosene hand lanterns. If a member has a canvas flagging bag they
would loan I would like to use it.

This should introduce hundreds of folks to our society. Contact me off list or
call my cell phone 630-542-2111 to step up and help grow the BRHS.

Thanks,

Leo Phillipp
Dir. and VP Projects BRHS

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com