Re: [CBQ] No way to run a RR

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] No way to run a RR
From: "STEVEN HOLDING sholding@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 03:02:27 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1501124790; bh=fjkaH4f7aPGuuUp3obv3HyTkfehOYeN2fUTbdWaWJbk=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=hGfuwkt67znNJGCoS2vrHrQ6cWW52WQ6ac5+aEtxbbZqqSt/iTWTOcbgzfr4EPbEz0UATqGBKEzq7gARODTCAd92SkGM+23yfSmeSh7a7JCrKBI9sg6r+tkaQa2S+Pgn61NsvpyoJRo5Zuy2tg54Iydz67ZLnNDAzRk1KzLfmf4=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I am not sure about all the details but I do know from working as the Main Line DS that it was eating up the switches as they are not made to be run thru all the time as the CTC machine was blocked to only allow trains on the designated single track.
One of the few times we ever saw a TM or Asst. Supt in the office was one nite I was working and we were having a bitch of a nite with the Main Line single track and Joe Arrington just happened by He asked what was going on and we told him and he said put it back in service.  So on his orders we did and never looked back.  And never heard a word from the head shed.
Maintenance is the first thing that needs to be done no matter what.  With out it no business can survive.  At least for very long.
Dispatcher at Cicero 1974-1983, Galesburg 11-30-1983-8-93, Ft. Worth both in IDC and NOC until Friday the 13th Nov. '09
Steve in SC