[CBQ] No way to run a RR

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] No way to run a RR
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 21:35:27 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Adding to Steves comment about the test to convert the mainline from Aurora-
Galesburg to single track while EHH, was Supt of the combined Chgo and Aurora
Div.

I seem to recall two distinct stories around the single tracking accomplished
by blocking the CTC machine rather than actually ripping up track.

There was a business special, forgot long ago if it was full of major customers
or the board of directors. But at any point it came into Galesburg eastbound,
came to a halt  and sat and sat and sat. Some exempt mgmt person on the train
asked the DS over the radio what the hold up was, he was informed that the
train he was on stood ten times out behind nine freight trains in front of it.

The second story was that the FRA did a traffic review and determined that the
tonnage being run across the Aurora to Galesburg single track exceeded the
amount allowed for the tie spacing and either more ties were required or
traffic had to go elsewhere.

It is my understanding that shortly after these events EHH moved on to the IC .
Of course I am just passing on second hand info. That I heard.

Leo

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com