Re: [CBQ] Re: Passenger geeps on dinkies [1 Attachment]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Passenger geeps on dinkies [1 Attachment]
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 11:23:54 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from LZadnichek@aol.com included below]

July 10, 2017

Jim - Fascinating material. I was aware that the E5 and E7 motors were generally unsuitable for stop-and-go dinky service as they would not "load" fast enough to stay on schedule, but I had never heard that EMD tried to convince the Q to dieselize their suburban service with GP7s. All very interesting. Perhaps, a basis for an article in the BRHS Bulletin.

Besides the west bound Sunday afternoon or evening dinkies with multiple E8s to balance power at Aurora for the next morning's "parade," occasionally day time dinkies included an extra unit needed at either Aurora or 14th Street to balance the power assignment sheet. In this inserted/attached faded image, we find a mid-afternoon one car dinky powered by the 9944B with an unidentified sister trailing. The location or date is not given, but I'm sure someone in this Group will recognize what stop it was:

Lots of wonderful memories for many of us from riding the dinkies in Suburban Territory. Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL