[CBQ] Grier's

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Grier's
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:51:18 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Sometime back we had a discussion about the Grier's restaurants on the Q.
There's a nice postcard on eBay that displays where all we're located on the
system.

Interestingly I just stumbled on a file from 1942 that reveals Grier's also
handled the commissary operations for the large extra track gangs of the day.
This jumped out of
claim file for a baggageman on #9 for handling an LCL shipment of meat and
vegetables
For a gang working at Biggsville. Have to wonder what other operations Grier
was a supplier to the Q.

By the way the baggageman lost the fight over wayfreight pay for handling the
material as even the general chairman stated this shipment was just like any
other company material routinely handled in baggage cars w/o extra payment.

Leo Phillipp

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com