Re: [CBQ] Eola Coal Chute (And Crossing) [1 Attachment]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Eola Coal Chute (And Crossing) [1 Attachment]
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 19:09:18 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from LZadnichek@aol.com included below]

June 13, 2017

Leo - All I can contribute on the EJ&E crossing-at-grade the Q in Eola is the inserted/attached image that shows the J's bridge in 1910:

I'm not a EJ&E historian, but I think the J reached Eola in the late 1890s and used, as Leo states, a temporary at-grade crossing until a permanent bridge could be erected as shown. Looks a lot different today with the BNSF and CN in charge. Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL