Re: [CBQ] BB#53 Question

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] BB#53 Question
From: "STEVEN HOLDING sholding@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 03:23:18 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1496978840; bh=NF6lvTUtihK5SJVGWAFCi2Zh7T/AACIODpw7a71FpmQ=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=Pr/RAmga2QVUc+8JJ3T6u4GyePFRFg8drF6l3haiAx1R5KMk/BU4eYx8aPaGpTbiSVWhkNkJ6vhQBXFnZ9PJOhpKoU6uh6WYq7jEql4YIOEON2K9Ue6PSddoxLgdsbWO8jvlcTfzJ3Hav6eSjeN+52L5jfudqLSVt/43i9gl3Js=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Nelson and others
First off you can only work with what you can find.  And if I remember right the OS BN articles (there are two with OS BN 2 to come later) were written when I was working the Ottumwa 2nd Trick in Galesburg (We got moved out of there in Aug. of '93 so you can see how long it takes sometimes to see your work in print)((It is all a matter of subject and space to get it in print))
Most train sheets I have were basically saved from the garbage.  Trains sheets had to be kept for 7 years as they were legal documents and were used by accounting and sometimes Legal Dept. for trials or other legal proceedings.  In Cicero the train sheets were hung by month on a rack in the record room of old Freight House 9 and a lot of them got trashed when they tore it down.  In Galesburg(Nov. 30, 1983) till it was closed as a DS office there was a building near the MOW Shop  in the yard were the sheets were stored rolled up by month.  It was always fun to go dig out a sheet wanted by some other dept.  (I was working the ADM Chief job at the time((It paid $10 a day more then a trick job)))
For train No. 73 the loading out GT was 68-88-4123  spent 15 mins. at Monmouth setting out and into BN with 53-88-5650 at 9:50 worked in yard and out at 10:17 with 31-77-3856 same into Ottumwa.  The problem is the depot at Monmouth was east of the center siding where the work was done so no way to inform the Agent there or DS of the loading out but it does show on the sheet into BN.  Some times things have to be edited out for space reasons and with Dave printing the entire sheet as the center fold you can look and see this and the red lines for the WRONG MAIN running as mentioned in the article.  So read along and follow the trainsheet as you read to get the most out of the article.
Quite often each dispatchers office did things they way that Chief DS and or Supt. wanted things done.  When I started in '74 we used the Chief's initials on everything.  So in the Cicero Office we had RAM (the Chicago Chief) and CLL  (the Ottumwa Chief)  I did not record in my time books or it is not in the Chief Day Book when we started to use the dispatchers initials.  The only thing is when the CTC Machine that was in the Burlington Depot was moved to Galesburg and put in the dispatcher's control on Oct. 3, 1986.  Once we got moved to Ft. Worth in ' 93 In the Interim Dispatching Center (IDC)(( some times called I DON"T CARE)) all the CB&Q Dispatchers were in the same office.  Then the NOC (Network Operation Center) was built(( Nest of Confusion)) as this brought in all the BN Dispatchers and a lot of changes in the way things were to be done.  Being an old stick in the mud I stayed on only Cicero Jobs the ones I knew and the only time I worked any job not of Cicero was when they moved the Beardstown  to Bushnell on to the Mainline(Aurora-Gales burg) Desk.  But then moved to the Union Ave DS after the company had to split the East End due to traffic and the new computers. A lot changed over the 35 years from Train Order to Track Warrants to Computer Track Warrants and many changes with the CTC Machines.  And with so many different people moving in and a lot from Amtrak even some of the practices changed.
In the Que is OS BN 2.  I have A Day on the Branch  about branch operations south of Burlington  I have sheets for Ottumwa to Creston and Main Line and C&I sheets as well as all the desks for at least on steam excursion all to be written.  And after all being retired I have all the time in the world to get this done.  RIGHT?
Steve in SC