[CBQ] NEW Release: Tangent GATC 3500 Dry-Flo Covered Hopper [1 Attachmen

To: <CBQ@Yahoogroups.com>, <BRHSList@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] NEW Release: Tangent GATC 3500 Dry-Flo Covered Hopper [1 Attachment]
From: "'Dave Lotz' Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 10:12:24 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from Dave Lotz included below]

Tangent Scale Models is proud to introduce new production for our stunning HO Scale General American 3500 cubic foot ?Dry-Flo? covered hopper in CB&Q ?Original Gray? 1959!  This one of the most-requested schemes for this car. This car has all of the cool features of the real car, including a gorgeous ?Burlington Route? placard, large spelled out ?Burlington,? and ?Everywhere West? and ?Way or the Zephyrs? on alternating sides of the car. These Tangent replicas are available in six road numbers and will stand out on any layout. CB&Q and BN used these in services including soybeans, spent grain, petroleum coke, corn products, oats, bentonite, and various milled products, and then were placed in silica sand service late in their lives. They wandered far and wide away from the CB&Q and BN system.

These cars were first built in 1959 as a response to customer demands for larger covered hoppers capable of handling bulk commodities. While covered hopper innovations during the 1950s proved valuable to bulk shippers, they wanted covered hoppers that could handle larger quantities of specialized commodities such as such as oats, malt, and rice. Coincidentally, plastic pellet producers were also looking for larger cube covered hoppers that could be easily loaded and unloaded under pressure. The Dry-Flo family of cars was General American?s answer to this call, with gravity-pneumatic or pneumatic-only discharge options available through three different outlet gate versions. These outlet gate variations were marketed as the Dry-Flo, Dry-Flo Chem, and Dia-Flo.

The Tangent Scale Models Dry-Flo covered hopper includes road-specific details accurate for each paint scheme. Our Dry-Flo hoppers include our finely-detailed gravity-pneumatic outlet gates and are ready for any of the following services on your layout: malt, fertilizer, feed, chemicals, plastics, carbon black, rice, salt, or sand. Also, check out our correct ?true-to-life? colors and ?hyper-accurate? lettering including exact fonts and lettering placement. Finally, our scale replicas operate as well as they look, equipped with free-rolling all-metal wheels and genuine Kadee® scale couplers, meaning our models are truly ready to run. Oh, and some of our new cars also ride on our new Barber S-2-A 70-ton roller bearing trucks (available separately!), while others ride on our fine ASF 70-ton ride control plain bearing trucks ? depending on which truck the prototype rode on! See our website for prototype photos!

At more than 100 parts per car, we provide you with an unusual looking yet common, high-value model that will provide you with years of enjoyment. They also go great with our other General American covered hopper offering, the 4180 Airslide! Our new release of stunning General American Dry-Flo models is now available for sale in eight (8) RTR roadnames plus undecorated RTR, listed here:

- BN "C&S Repaint - Misspelled" with the classic large BN herald and large spelled out Burlington Northern, although it is misspelled like the prototype ? on both sides. This is an example of a cool paint variation by the BN car shops in Havelock NE, complete with the C&S retained reporting marks to record its subsidiary ownership ? see the prototype photo on our website. It also has ?C&S 855? stenciled on the trucks, just like the prototype! With a paint date of 1-81, this ?one off? car continues the ?family appearance? of our fine BN products, with the best BN green in the business.
- CB&Q "Original Gray" 1959+ is one of the most-requested schemes for this carbody. This car has all of the cool features of the real car, including a gorgeous ?Burlington Route? placard, large spelled out ?Burlington,? and ?Everywhere West? and ?Way or the Zephyrs? on alternating sides. These Tangent replicas are available in six road numbers and will stand out on any layout. CB&Q and BN used these in services including soybeans, spent grain, petroleum coke, corn products, oats, bentonite, and various milled products, and then were placed in silica sand service late in their lives. See the Tangent website for more details.
- CGW "Clinton 1977 Repaint" in the classic ?Clinton green? repaint scheme from 1977. These cars represent CNW?s painting practice of repainting cars into CNW green, complete with CNW herald in yellow on a ?raised? placard. CNW added the COTS information on a ?raised? placard as well. CNW retained the CGW reporting mark ownership for this car, and for all of these ?one-off? specificities, our replica is available in one road number. CGW and CNW assigned these cars to malt and meal loading, and late in their life were reassigned to silica sand loading. Check out our excellent execution of the Clinton repainting, including two shades of yellow lettering on the side of the car, just like the prototype car (again, check our website for prototype photo).
- Missouri Pacific "Original Gray" in the classic original gray scheme from 1959. Like some General American painted cars, these cars include the correct black underframe coloring with distinctive open and close lettering in white on the six underbody bays. MP specified a black car cement roof, which makes them really stand out. On the side of these cars is the classic Missouri Pacific ?buzzsaw? logo! We have 3 road numbers available for these models and they are essential to MP modelers as well as interchange road modelers. As a reference, Tangent has an example waybill of a MP car offline on EL train NE-74 delivering a load to Agway in Corning NY.
- Penn Central "1972 Repaint" is a classic PC ?P59? shop repaint of a former PRR car, painted in 1972 in PC green with white worms and spelled out ?Penn Central.? The car is stenciled ?grain load only? in the center of the car, just like the real cars. Our PC replicas are offered in two road numbers, and the prototype photo on our website hails from 1991; don?t miss out!
- GACX ?Diamond Sugar ? Montreal? 1960+ is the first of our three private operator schemes offered at this run, continuing our series of highly-accurate Canadian models. These gray private operator cars include a large blue and white band, and a distinctive red diamond logo Saying these are flashy is an understatement. Check out the beautiful, prominent lettering on this car! It is available in 2 all-new road numbers, different from our first production run.
- DYLX Koppers Plastics 1961+ is the second of our three private operator schemes offered. This 1961-painted silver painted car includes the distinctive Koppers logo in white, black, and red with large black ?Koppers Plastics? stenciling on the side of the car. These are distinctive cars that were meant to provide plastic pellet products to all corners of North America. This car is quintessential 1960s in its appearance, and is a very sharp model, so don?t miss it! This scheme is available in 2 road numbers.
- GACX "Quebec Iron & Titanium" 1959+ is the third of our three private operator schemes offered in this production. This 9-1959 original gray car painted car painted by General American includes large lettering for ?Quebec Iron and Titanium.? These distinctive cars were meant to provide transportation of titanium dioxide products, a processed product originating from ilmenite, to North American consumers. This is a super sharp model and necessary for many Canadian and US layout, so don?t miss out, eh? This scheme is available in 2 road numbers.
- Undecorated RTR Primer Gray is ready for lettering in a GACX scheme or for your favorite railroad. It also serves as a primer base coat if you want to paint it in other colors. (Variations: Ajax handbrake and wheel, rectangular shaker brackets, Barber S-2-A 70-ton roller bearing trucks).

These products will begin shipping today. Features for these replicas include:
- Dimensional accuracy - designed from General American plans and verified with field measurements
- Highly correct ?true to life? colors
- ?Hyper-Accurate? lettering including exact fonts and lettering placement
- Genuine Kadee® scale couplers
- ?Near-scale? draft gear box with beautifully-rendered side ?key? detail
- Multiple road numbers for each scheme
- ?See through? etched metal running boards
- Road-specific details for each scheme, including 2 different truck options, 2 different shaker brackets, 4 different brakewheels, and 3 different handbrake housings ? see listings above
- Lacy details - wire grab irons and coupler lift bars
- Separate air hoses
- CNC-machined 33? wheels in high quality Tangent Scale Models trucks, with semi-scale wheels available separately
- Recommended age 14 years and older

Don?t miss out on the Tangent Scale Models General American Dry-Flo covered hopper, one of the most needed freight cars from the turbulent early-1960s period of freight car development that lasted to the early 1990s! Pricing for RTR models is $44.95, with quantity discounts for direct purchases from Tangent Scale Models.

That wraps up our update for today, and thank you for supporting the family-owned businesses in our industry!

David Lehlbach
Tangent Scale Models
www.tangentscalemodels.com http://www.tangentscalemodels.com/
tangentscalemodels@yahoo.com mailto:tangentscalemodels@yahoo.com
PO Box 6514
Asheville NC 28816
828-279-6106

Attachment(s) from Dave Lotz | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 Photo(s)

Posted by: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@bellsouth.net>