[CBQ] Engine 2914

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Engine 2914
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 21:52:34 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I have a sketch photo my dad made of engine 2914....He notes on the back  J. Hedgpeth age 9..That would make the date of the sketch 1915.

I wonder if any of you guys who have the old assignment sheets can tell me where this engine was summer 1915.

I'm thinking it somewhere on the Alliance or Casper Divisions at that time

My grandfather "traveled" for the Lincoln Drug company in the western Nebraska,  SW South Dakota and eastern Wyoming during the years 1908-1917.

During summers of those years my dad and my grandmother would go out to his territory with him.  His headquarters was Alliance NE and he owned a drug store at Scottsbluff at that time.  Hence I'm thinking that my dad may have seen that engine somewhere around Alliance, Scottsbluff, Casper etc.

I have that sketch framed and hanging on my wall and it would be a really good thing if I could caption the photo with the possible location of the engine during the summer months 1915.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Pete

Posted by: jpslhedgpeth@aol.com