[CBQ] Aurora Presentation

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com, BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Aurora Presentation
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 19:16:40 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I did want to comment on some of last nights attendees. Seems w/o trying we
managed to pick the same night that BNSF held a safety dinner at Aurora so we
had 4 current BNSF employees, including my brother. There was also a pocket of
3 retired Q/BN employees 2 engineers and one Conductor. Two of these
individuals I have not seen in 38 years and we each immediately recognized each
other. I do intend to pick these two individual memories in the future. One of
them is 94, worked in the shops before going off to WWII and then into engine
service.

The Conductor came up after the presentation and volunteered that he had worked
the Pioneer Zephyr on its last move under its own power from Galesburg to the
Aurora shops before being donated to the museum of Science and Industry in
Chicago.
I asked him a couple of questions about the "Park job" as that is one of many
articles I'm
Working on.

Leo

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com