Re: [CBQ] Downers Grove IL Fairview Ave team track

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Downers Grove IL Fairview Ave team track
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 12:41:30 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1487097698; bh=/B6JJwCBFZYI/4h7xHL6+R4/X5DR+JkgoVDoS2T1OlA=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=XSbkVIANBaxSfcV6GVHD+IvXFSWmw/MTwx59eEfiGEEdBSatPlICLq3kcXLLv1MUfZMiIkp0t9yGfGJTOGlrKzJaALBh9GqdtqrcaiAP2UFLT+aO5XUA/Xev2gJqL8C2YBGnrtDbSpOtjHZoQTrFoTWkH2baSLwhdd9A3EskvD0=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Yes, Mike I can. According to the 1959 alignment book there was a westward opening switch, just east of Maple Ave. off Main 1. It served two tracks. One was parallel with the main and ended just short of Fairview. The second came off the parallel track and ran NE into the property. I believe there is a photo of a car on one of these Turks. In one of the Spoors books. Somewhere I read,saw that the bldg that today has the piano operation was once a Sears storehouse.

I personally at least one car on these Turks. In the early 70s.

Leo Phillipp