Re: [CBQ] Re: Weed Spray equipment

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Weed Spray equipment
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 15:14:21 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

January 27, 2017

Rupert/Hol - This is what I remember, too, on Lines East. I still remember the "stink" of the chemical all these years later.... Today, the EPA would never tolerate such an operation. Think about how the chemical spray cloud could drift off the ROW if the wind picked-up. Chemical exposure to employees as described with the spray nozzle operator being "coated" would also be a huge concern in the present era. But, a weed spray train was certainly a part of everyday railroading 60 plus-years ago. Times were very different then.... Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL