RE: [CBQ] Fairmont Weed Sprayer [4 Attachments]

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Fairmont Weed Sprayer [4 Attachments]
From: "'Douglas Harding' doug.harding@iowacentralrr.org [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 07:26:47 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1485437228; bh=9evt+ICobKEYM88T/7XSP6uggVXpUOKY2A/2yjdLsao=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=Am7KmZak/xRTwlOl136pKqp0cvVgts8izy9Y3ieaBoJ74ovIyLXfATpIcgPhirf0JKeqaGn/P4lPNpBuC2vizF+gq2rw1d6QjLgg+BFOqForxEdMFo5oMdYApF4FdTr3N7lNqoxeRK3y7Sps1LOmT0M4GXzueaDSoRiIpF+xjMI=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from Douglas Harding included below]

Tom, here are some more photos of Fairmont weed burners.

Thanks for the info Doug & Sam, those are very similar to the weed burner that was stationed at Teague, TX that I mentioned.  I’m guessing the one I recall was a later version as it was much bigger but it incorporated elements of the three main types the catalog and posted photos depict.  Plus, who knows how the unit was further modified for the carriers specific use.  The flame pipes in front of the car were very similar to the M&StL color photo except the flames were more contained within the pipes by shrouding.  I don’t know how long the unit remained in service but it was still on the property in 1978.

Tom Kline

Houston