Re: [CBQ] Re: C&I Photo Location

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: C&I Photo Location
From: "Ted Schnepf railsunl@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 12:39:54 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1484160435; bh=+JwYTi/tPsMXi548zM6xyldBJpZjCZt6JmJ4YpJ+hZA=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=BG8FiOiCDS2tweCswZrzdJV5vROuaTbGBlFVYGmG7FFidp2IElRi33441Upa7zilHKSx8pG6/AsWIleLw8WFezh9hCL4SLSmHrDCdaEoEreBTIKhnHCSRrGazlwLbW9an0B2CMfiA6d7NPG2CPaOqdksXCLnkbqwX4f/bZpvtlg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Vern,

I agree with Altoona and the 1965 flood explains the mixed up consist.

The FLOOD was a most interesting detour time as both the Q and Milw
flooded early and detoured over the CNW for a couple weeks.  I
believe each railroad at this time was allowed two passenger trains
each direction, thus the mixed consist and very long  trains.
Unnecessary cars were left in the Twin Cities for the combined
trains. The trains ran on the CNW to Camp Douglas, Wis where they got
on the Milw.  Q freight trains were going via Sioux City and the Milw
freights via Soo Line.

Shortly the CNW would flood at St Croix and only the Soo line was
open to the east.  Then the CNW, Milw and Q was each restricted to
one passenger train and one freight train each direction per day, as
the Soo's single track line was totally overwhelmed. (the Milw ran a
psgr train with 6 E Units and 33 cars-multiple stops at any station
platform). (a Milw freight had 8 GP30's and over 200 cars)  Detours
over the Soo went to Junction City, Wis and turned south on the Milw
to New Lisbon and Milwaukee.

Such an interesting time with so few photos.  Now you know "the rest
of the story"

ted

At 08:36 PM 1/10/2017, you wrote:

>I think this might be Altoona,WI on the C&NW. This was a division
>point with crew changes, small depot, engine facilities, and decent
>size yard near Eau Claire,WI  on C&NW's Milwaukee-Twin Cities line.
>The CB&Q detoured trains over the C&NW, as well as the Milwaukee
>Road in 1965. I recently saw a photo of a CB&Q passenger train
>passing by C&NW's Eau Claire depot in '65, so they took that route
>at least once.
>

>Verne Brummel,
>
>Fitchburg,WI

Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
railsunl@sbcglobal.net
847-697-5353
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Ill. 60120
http://RailsUnlimited.ribbonrail.com/

Model Railroad Sales and Service with
a personal touch.
Books new and used.  HO and O scales.
DCC supplies. O scale urethane cars.
Photos and darkroom services.
Checks, cash (0%) or credit (secure server at web site 5% added).

---

Posted by: Ted Schnepf <railsunl@sbcglobal.net>

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com