RE: [CBQ] Re: TR2 Cab

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: TR2 Cab
From: "'Charlie Vlk' cvlk@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 20:26:23 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1476408452; bh=YllI2SZhikVrD4WB6ztoB87wOIKVn1j3jotudLl7q/Q=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=Ll9hRJsb/7EeFjLOq3qOx+MFiMLhpsBtSuki1X4iBwDbt8/EuIP96EJvLm23pYaX+voivosxU9EwR87pVcKMYup44Qpblm8DNgNazayrp6iAdtHkpYuxsgoUTy9cqmpeXJ++06rgIXlD3JltxPHaZNXRs57rKFZYXnolS+C/2TA=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Rich-

I think the Cow/Calf sets should be matched as far as the “Phase”…..if the Cow has the earlier stepped taper on the hood the Calf should also.

When Lionel tooled their Calf to go along with their original NW2 they tooled the single taper which looks odd.

I wonder if the cabs were custom built by the Q or assembled from kits….or if the Q actually spent the money to have EMD do the conversions.

A topic for future study!!!

Charlie Vlk

I found a second, lost photo of the TR2 from the Calf side and it certainly appears that the cab on the A unit is correct on the Oriental Limited model.  The back of the cab appears to have no smaller windows below the larger windows - unlike the NW2 cab.  I also see that the Calf had a stepped angle and a flat, whereas the Cow just had a angle to the cab - so questions 1 and 2 appear to be answered.  Now just wondering about the all-weather windows.  Thank goodness I found that photo in all of my piles of stuff!

Rich G.

Posted by: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>