Re: [CBQ] Rochelle-Iron Sponge track ?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Rochelle-Iron Sponge track ?
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 07:56:14 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1473339374; bh=9mwQZcZaH4uNMdY141mM44vD+DncsKSb8WKeDr5tLqc=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=FVUeJeSnZ693RP7bn5clcx1Od8JwfKZYC8xXY+rCF8lLDXGxSqOIFk8ptRNks0LyVRgG1wOSdIzp1//9BmlS+k4aKcyYjqvFB9FMWBNophI78fqYPrroUmnOeYOmjVJkruciCORt3wvka1JSEdoq2FTFVG7NErMmTHYlcn4freA=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Rich given that info. I'll solve part of the mystery. That little spur was still in place in the 70s. It came off main two just inside the storage track. It held exactly one modern 50' box car which we would spot from time to time. The customer was Rochelle Furniture that received hardwood lumber. The building was of the old red Midwestern brick and large wood pane Windows. When there was a car spotted there was just clearance to make moves on the storage.

The '28 list shows two cars on the spur. A Q box of MDSE. for Aurora and an MP box of wool to be left for loading ? Maybe Caron unloaded here and then the Iron company loads the same car.

Finally I have to wonder if the Iron Sponge name is misleading. Unless there was some kind of business connection to the can plant,Rochelle wasn't known as a metals center.

Leo