Re: [CBQ] Where Was This Wreck?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Where Was This Wreck?
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 18:01:04 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Auugst 22, 2016

Hol - Washburn, IA, is on the RI. There was a bad passenger train wreck there 10 years later:

May be the stereo image shows an awful passenger train wreck on the SP at Newman, CA, in July 1899. I've read elsewhere that there were Burlington coaches out of Denver included in the train that were taking teachers to the convention in Los Angeles.

Washburn, CA, today is an unincorporated area near California City, CA.  May be Rupert can further research on the Internet.

Where ever this wreck happened, the passengers didn't have much of a chance in the telescoped wooden coaches. Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL