[CBQ] Coal move to Corn Products at Bedford Park

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Coal move to Corn Products at Bedford Park
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 00:16:11 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Steve you might find it interesting that the coal move to CPC(Corn Products)
was still going on 4 or 5 years ago using private steel hoppers owned by
Macquarie. Not sure the
Origin or routing but it was Midwestern coal with fairly high sulfur content.
The cars were wearing out and CPC switched to low sulfur western coal in
Aluminum gons.
How do I know ? I managed to tie with two competitors and we split the steel
fleet between us. I believe those old hoppers are now on the road as rubber
tired machines as the finished steel from the scrap went to a mill that makes
auto industry steel.
Those old hoppers weighed anywhere from 2,000-5,000 lbs less than the st. Lt
wt. and Macquarie sold all its rail fleet and exited the business.

By the way I learned earlier this summer that CPC(whatever it's now named) is
in the process of building a natural gas boiler system for the plants processes.

Leo

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com