Re: [CBQ] Re: Depot Location?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Depot Location?
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 12:31:22 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1467995489; bh=4bUW0qw2KlS6NKXCI6lsBcjIGm+XvWJe7S/8pKVWofk=; h=To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=q409UOf08GuxOj+U0lM6rA62cmjWxZECy0JQk3ZN/kG3Ucg+HvgjIfdyHgdzNQD3XMKm7ypypLEVgb5p2EVrPmPLo1kJfanXSFzFx3ebga/I7e/3Tgn1VD/lE4lNY3a8VIblMZGdJXCC59r0KuYpmYPbsWbzRo3FYaB2wU3jIUQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Thanks Ken..I have some of the old "classic" picture post cards which my GF sent home to myGM with short greetings on them...thus identifying their authenticity along with the post marks..Some photos of the T-2 mallets at Hot Springs and Deadwood.

If your GF managed a store at Hot Springs my GF would have known him..He seemed to have known everybody in all the towns he served.

In 1949 my GF my Sister and I made a driving trip across his old territory enroute to visit relatives in Sheridan WY..  We stopped at all the towns where he had drug store customers..Some of the old guys were still around and I got the benefit of listening to two old guys.."younger then than I am now"..talk about the old days...When we would walk into one of those old drug stores most of which still had soda fountains and were dark and non AC.  The proprietor  after greeting my GF having not seen him for 40 plus years would say..come on back here...and would call to the "soda jerk"..."GET THIS BOY SOME ICE CREAM"....Oh to remember the details of some of those stories.

Pete