Re: [CBQ] Re: Depot Location?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Depot Location?
From: "Kenneth Martin kmartin537@surewest.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 21:35:42 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1467952546; bh=OZecCJoSM3gOaKBEVJSHqs7658utvG3+f7UjwlMO4zM=; h=In-Reply-To:To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=tsPpptxg56xrfTZTAwKnXPuwIwqhu7IcKVMRydPqZxSHe5cTVbMLBpJ1IixsgB8VeXepc4yvjDto8tv71jHg9qzZ3+1j1DuUGJ4QyJlgUP0lF29H2AQAF3jRX5+d69wQy/9o1d6vDF6Wg5jlK7n3lfztybXWr1ygRyrdUYx3gb8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Pete,

Nice story. My dad was born in Hot Springs in 1908, his father managed a lumber store there.

In 1917 my mothers father sold his farm in Iowa and drove a Model T to Great Falls, Montana. My mom told me that in those days roads were not numbered but had colored bands around posts. At one point they got off the highway and stopped at a farm and asked directions and the farmer just nodded his head and said "Ya, dat da highway, Ya, dat da highway". They later got back on the right road.

Ken Martin