Re: [CBQ] The last F unit

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] The last F unit
From: "'sartherdj@aol.com' sartherdj@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 17:20:03 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1467148807; bh=QNnKpKcql8oyO+JK1LghwsCAJl4OOs2q2gwewNMutLA=; h=To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=O8raQn3As25s9SF5oDQpzYjkRnzcX0nJopTDopWEO5b8PIHry2wdcc942t8+jyg7U6DhSvlZqk4Bb9z1SXyy0bWSfV8SzuiNO/KT1a3h9hGpEL2Jne3fkH7rNzuxRUGW35gvNDGxOgiO6EWXA+g60wAhSGVa/cz+44hVA32YgrQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Thanks Scott for the link to CB&Q #168A at Pielet Bros in Sept 1970.

Here are a few of the comments listed below the photo:
Posted by Mitch Goldman on November 12, 2008
This photo is a thousand words too many. I feel your pain!
Posted by Steven Kakoczki on November 12, 2008
This is the only shot I have ever seen of a CB&Q F-unit in a scrap yard. It is sad that not one of any CB&Q F-units survived into the BN era. I just wish at least one could have been saved for a museum. It is a good shot Sid, but a very sad ending to those Q F-units.
Posted by Topher on November 12, 2008
Oh no! That is a sad sight.
Posted by Marty Bernard on November 13, 2008
The Q only ordered 13 F7s (10 As and 3 Bs) and no F9s. All F7s were built in May 1950. 168A was assigned BN #746 (the only Q F unit given a BN number) but was not renumbered. She was traded in to EMD (probably for a BN GP40), gutted, and then scrapped across the street at the young age of 20.
Posted by Jim Barton on November 13, 2008
Thank you for showing this one from your collection.

Later,  Dave Sarther     Tucson, AZ