Re: [CBQ] Lincoln Dead Line 1951 - Part One

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Lincoln Dead Line 1951 - Part One
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 11:34:51 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1459524905; bh=hbl7P6g3K4x0BqayzKS2c2BOQ9X5bHPYlkLxjF0OGIM=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=ydMs+cQXV1NKn2xOt8QiJvRmaODKOFoWlVUStKQsXz9nIN2qEQ4M0s34KFg0s6XnXwO8oqmCCDM/AwG0oPfJ3a5dHZR0vtd9CN6HZgWFbuoiGtAK4iOU+3fG4puADCoPItK6hPLrS6FNNbiWzP7GolKDV/5jJrECxTszYVwagas=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Thanks Doug...Believe it or not, I had forgotten about those photos...The date was July 1953.

As a little "addendum" to this matter Doug which I may have forgotten to mention to you when I visited Villisca last summer...One of the engines...I forget the number now..it was one of the 7000 series ....it probably was the 7007 mentioned in Doug's post was the engine mentioned in Jim Reisdorff's "Alliance and Everywhere West" book a few years ago in a true story written by a fireman on that engine on the run from Ravenna to Alliance in a "really bad" snow storm in January or February 1949  those of you of a historical bent will recall that the winter going into 1949 hosted the worst snow storms since the "great blizzard of 1888.  .  It's a pretty exciting story, especially as it was written by an actual participant in a real event.  The former fireman is now deceased, but if you have the book you can look it up and read it again.  I think you can read the engine numbers on the photos and check it out''

The young man standing in the gangway of one of the engines is BRHS member Jim Christen...Then age 19...I was 17..... present  ages not to be revealed, but those of you astute in the "old math" can figure them out.

Pete