[CBQ] For Sale - Vintage Athearn CB&Q GP-30

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] For Sale - Vintage Athearn CB&Q GP-30
From: "Scott Myers myers.scottv@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 08:29:46 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I have an Athearn GP-30 from the 1960s that has the geared drive mechanism that succeeded the old rubber band drive.  I recently lubricated it, and it actually runs pretty well.  It is factory painted for CB&Q, although I long since replaced the incorrect black and white heralds on the cab sides with the correctly colored heralds.  Also, it doesn't rely solely on the metal strip running the length of the locomotive for electrical pickup from both trucks; I soldered a wire from each truck to this strip for a more positive electrical connection.

I was going to sell it at an upcoming train show, but a friend convinced me that this locomotive is attractive to collectors, so I thought there might well be some of you interested in it.  I will sell it for the best offer received by April 10th.  If interested, please contact me off-line at my email address listed above.

Scott Myers

Posted by: Scott Myers <myers.scottv@gmail.com>