Re: [CBQ] Re: Old Aurora-Chicago Track Diagram Books

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Old Aurora-Chicago Track Diagram Books
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 21:00:09 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1460772017; bh=n78ry2zJVFbgL9xFj0Es3CC10NzrzvTmPRlwzVO7gQs=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=4DE4Fz4cc4kSKbPxxbEXvxKHHB7IwKHc4Hw6DrjHBI+zDiNTQCQjY1Gz9FcMG32n0+nbzocwef6NyMV8cRWIaCBPzCgXSp+5uw2jkRHpfWFGvZDbQGk4hTIS+RHpfMPczlHqv7LN3rhP4BwFH61V7DKnFxf/abUye/Fe8UypqVQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

A little known fact found in the special instructions of employee timetables is that the track into Lord lumber became so bad that engines were restricted from entering onto it.
The Wayfreight crew was required to pull or spot cars hanging onto enough cars to keep the engine off the industry track.

One question I've asked before about the spur off trk. 3. Did the high school receive coal off the spur back in the day ?

Leo Phillipp

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 15, 2016, at 9:12 AM, 'Roy Quick' quicktax@earthlink.net [CBQ] <CBQ@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Charlie & Others

I grew up in La Grange in the 50’s and there was a  siding off track 1 Westbound into Lord Lumber Co just west of Kensington Ave crossing and the long siding west of Brainerd Ave from track 3 for the Freight House (now gone) and storage of MOW equipment.

Roy Quick

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com