Re: [CBQ] Moving wheelsets [2 Attachments]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Moving wheelsets [2 Attachments]
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 17:35:56 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from LZadnichek@aol.com included below]

April 12, 2016

Tristan - Going back to the steam age, here's an image of CB&Q Class F-1 No. 545 coupled to a wood gondola loaded with locomotive wheel sets. The image is undated and unidentified as to location:

Then, per Hol's comments, here's an undated image of CB&Q Class O-1-A 5110 switching a flat car loaded with double rows of freight car wheel sets at Lincoln, NE:

Whereas Hol mentions that only the Aurora and Havelock Shops were equipped to press freight car axles on to wheels, I suppose then that only the West Burlington and Denver Shops were so equipped to handle locomotive wheel sets during the Steam Age.

I've both inserted and attached both images. Hope this gives you an idea on how wheel sets were transported to and from shops many years ago. Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL