Re: [CBQ] Freight houses

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Freight houses
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 07:55:30 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1453125335; bh=JG+iZlY5wg25wGre9WF7KssX4DSvT5J5nq8gsIdfFtM=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=lRXcTIgvWnd0UF40aQVAONmV6NMqgnxf4NWW962uG68nH9onHtDEu1OYL6ySA1FuTdu+K3pUQuta4tmv71LYKcAti4phX/3yQ0SQw3cdnVGWjHKq0WP6owcmgsQSOAaHbpnH8F3MSw49pLQKHw8q3R+TqRMFSSuA3fK5sl3Vqz0=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Yes Jan. The freight houses used standard designed deck plates between cars. Other industries also used these. One I recall was the Delmonte can plant at Rochelle,IL.
The standard car in LCL service was 40 ft. Box cars. Occasionally a 50 footer or a reefer would be used. This caused extra switching effort to line up the doors.

If you go to page 74 of BRHS Bulletin 51 there is a feature on how the Aurora, IL freight house operated with insight into what could go wrong too.

As FYI I am far into a piece on the Qs Chicago multi house LCL operations for a future bulletin and a general financial history of LCL on the Q and ICC regulations governing it. Dozens of visuals,maps,photos,internal correspondence,etc

Leo Phillipp