[CBQ] Was Paw Paw,now Burgess Jct.

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Was Paw Paw,now Burgess Jct.
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 17:44:15 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1450827875; bh=Eexh234uBLRXRMHSnrRAH9Cd8JdJt5+LeGIR2V2oUTc=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=mwi0ukO0JsE5dCTqoxBRTuQZ2W6gyeXt8tjcQtrtkPGL/sRO2D/YRuIp/pF1qBsGgcQCtSLZM1F4ACo6YADP7G8F/ME+tiyipTqQyPTVuKSz6CCdBv83HodOlNswGqo1QKNt2wkYaND6IsVcxJ1u548bHt7beAiXSEOreGp2y08=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

So Bob, I dug out my copy of the book. In addition to Socko on pg 80 at the Burgess Jct elevator.
See bottom of page 53. Getting back to Condr. Kennedy's question to any new rear brakeman. Let's look at the photo with the units and a Waycar about to back into some cars at the elevator.

Since there's only the east leg of the wye left in service and the elevator track switch points are facing west or North. If the Fox is west bound in the somewhat routine status of Waycar lite this move is a no brainer. Go around the wye, tack the cars behind the Waycar,shove back to the main and head west to Wedron,where the boxcars will become the first two cars ahead of the Waycar when heading home.

But here was Kennedy's question to his brakeman In training to be a future Condr. If you're headed eastbound from Wedron and the agent hands you a message that says p/u 2 loads of corn at Burgess elevator, 12 loads at Consumers and 13 at Material Service @Sheridan; how do you go about picking up those 2 cars of corn at Burgess  so that the picture on bottom of pg 53 is the way the move gets made.

Clue,there's a passing siding at Burgess just west of the remainder of the wye. By the way he immediately overruled my answer that we just drop 'em !

Leo Phillipp