[CBQ] Re: [BRHSlist] Pawpaw illinois

To: "BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: [BRHSlist] Pawpaw illinois
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 10:11:11 -0600
Cc: CBQ@yahoogroups.com, BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1450800676; bh=1Cj1cZWXtPt4ilZ8MV5agvvjLXH7+LtAx37c+WiPo0g=; h=References:In-Reply-To:Cc:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=py1J8jTWr180mG0lyon0DfnFjm4wvvd9fEqvVpZDQk62LKPl7rYRYOxQYLdtDau84Xm2RcQ6U9rm6oWlCzwbKfD8ZK+CGfxXwHPY3Z97Bj9Sd8q9xhKHA3rZAsnJ+IMzHlys0BHp3qt7AMwq13mD3ekHI20txsIG6gUzxZCQIVc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

To continue the discussion of when the line segment from Baker to Burgess Jct ceased operating I'll add the following.

Prior to the trestle fire,going back to at least 1899(BRT FILES),there was a job that operated from Mendota to Ottawa or vice versa depending on the time period via Burgess and Earlville called the Roustabout. Prior to the ' 32 Paw Paw-Shabbona abandonment it also went to Shaboona each night on that route. Yup,it's all in the file. And a lot more that may become an article someday.

The Eola Rdhse loco assignment book provides the date of the first "Roustabout" starting from Eola to Ottawa as Monday June 3,1957. At the same time the job out of Mendota stopped being listed in the ETT. This job went to work in the evening,usually after the Fox River way freights return. The Fox was on duty at 5 or 5:30 back then. It also,logically, used the Foxes power. During these years both jobs had two- three geeps. At first the job was called an extra Fox River but by August it was listed as the roustabout.

Pg 16 of BB51 shows pg 97 of the Roundhouse book for 6 days in Sept '57.

Leo Phillipp
Amazed at the drop in the number of sand trains on the old Fox River branch recently.