Re: [CBQ] Help In Identifying Photo - No. 2954

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Help In Identifying Photo - No. 2954
From: "LZadnichek@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 16:02:05 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

November 9, 2015

Hol - Great detective work! I also would bet on your research that the train is No. 22 eastbound from McCook in either 1933 or 1934. The tender really nails it.... Particularly since "modifying" usually meant repainting and would explain the absence of the Burlington Herald that eventually would've been put back on. I've searched my digital image files and can't find another Q locomotive with such a cinder/spark arrestor, so unless another Group member has such a photo, it must've been a one-of-a-kind device dreamed-up by the McCook roundhouse foreman reacting to complaints of too many line side fires from property owners. I really enjoy examining these old images to "see what was going on" all those years ago. Best Regards - Louis