RE: [CBQ] Re: Plann 3995C Cars

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Plann 3995C Cars
From: "Hol Wagner holpennywagner@msn.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 10:48:53 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1442594936; bh=aP6X2Yk5JeZENxMtqMnsgQI3Ujkyh5hypeSI3Nk5r2U=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=pBpSf46eN6Wj1hJFDoQbPMM4aRqXEIRXtuUlembby5k3zEzP87KiT9+2PKNjh4bmHEP3TR4xaPY52ZqNogWYs9CdeUapUCRgVvISgUwpCOzrVoo3wOKT36XSI5nrkFpDWVen0tPG5gJM5FL44zKcWTqN3P+U9NFlkphcTe4NMtE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Happy Hollow Club and Lancaster Club were transferred to the Ak-Sar-Ben from the St. Louis-Kansas City Night Hawk in 1932, but as for the lettering on the cars when they were in Ak-Sar-Ben service, we just don't know.  We know that cars of the so-called Anniversary Fleet (the Ak-Sar-Ben, Aristocrat and Black Hawk) carried the train name on the letterboard during the 1930s, but other than Pullman builder's photos of some of the sleepers and a company letter referring to lettering the Black Hawk name on that train's baggage cars, the only direct evidence we have is the photo of the Ak-Sar-Ben approaching Chicago Union Station with Q solarium lounge car Omaha Club bringing up the markers.  That car is clearly lettered Ak-Sar-Ben.  We can assume that Happy Hollow Club and Lancaster Club were lettered for the Ak-Sar-Ben, but we have no written or photographic evidence to prove it.

Hol