Re: [CBQ] Circus Trains

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Circus Trains
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 19:07:34 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1439942855; bh=Rl6IR17eboo23kd5O1nKFuy1VNKpsofhAIMPXzLIiEA=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=cB40jp+Q8HNZXtEQBOlb1pxFJT59U4nTqw7mHlT9SiexyRLXOP9UhuV1HIE0pjgv7GnoS/Y9rq6OmCGZI8vxQsK26i75hmxKrC8k7qMMzdyBn65tAAIXb0ZwAaj6dWj7zLp9GO+Ts2hLNy40M8dm555xJDIqFwpCSJ8zC5OJsos=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Louis,

Never worked a circus train,though one night in Cicero,in the departure yard I walked alongside one that was waiting to go west to Galesburg and possibly beyond. It filled the departure track end to end and was made up of coaches,baggage cars and lots of ex TTX flats.

Now for the usual plug, in future BRHS articles,from me, there should be discussions of circus trains unloading in the "Alley" in Aurora and at NIFA on the west Batavia branch. As I recall the correspondence the
One at Nifa came into the park in two sections and by road crews. One went back to Eola and tied up,the other stayed and did extensive switching for unloading. Some day or two later, 2 new crews took the circus out in two sections to Princeton,if I recall correctly. Back in those days there was a full wye where the branch joined the C&I. But it still had to be a fun move pulling off the branch,backing toward Aurora tower and then heading west.

Leo