Re: [CBQ] Richard Steinheimer photo

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Richard Steinheimer photo
From: "Chris Atkins tcatkins@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:08:22 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1435266503; bh=H3NY27L0ZIdgJIGZGTO96MxMc38rKSTD2K5bV5grsrM=; h=In-Reply-To:References:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=Rv4FvVg1G1BAQdUG8tJSxMRS/gc77D0QA/DovarMqNMdIlwv/qyME7QLNmtY1zRe/JAH59Nqdt9sEGRaJZ0i9BoOdA3jeoq8kp6R4dAL+wTcC42r1/afMnuK0ZULtDFuYgpU/sTZzIQsiOwF5rEZrDApWOdhBKr7MUf9FauM8EE=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I was fortunate enough to see Richard and Shirley do a slide show at the DeGolyer Library at Southern Methodist University in Dallas before Alzheimer's had tightened it's grip too much. He was an amazing artist. His collection had already been archived there by that time. His book "A Passion for Trains" is full of some outstanding B/W work. As far as CB&Q content, I know there is a shot of a two steam engines on the head end of a freight near Parkman, WY in some really deep snow, but he is mostly known for shooting the SP.

If you google his name you can get a feel for his style.

Take care,

Chris Atkins
Argyle, TX