Re: [CBQ] Question that came to the Company Store

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Question that came to the Company Store
From: "'John D. Mitchell, Jr.' cbqrr47@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 20:37:51 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1431635874; bh=mQsmSFnM9U7BRnOHeG3RdVXLNr7iULVeqTg3bTo85+s=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=caq1+LhAuw7V9C9kJ9YrwQaA7un+bHEaRwpkmH3S/xWMIPpV/X4UDx0mijok1501QSkl5FhsWTuFYk/e3zjrxPetREBtVl1oPYwsZMzyPlPIlfgJ6Gs/JlAsnQ01OrVueW+7zO9sk27FH6+rngqkytQ4rXYY6bBKCcXQf/y3h5I=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

The B&O branches out of Flora (to Beardstown and Shawneetown) had steam power until at least 1956 and maybe a little later. Flora had an engine terminal and serviced steam until that time, but the mainline trains had diesels from about 1952. The Q St. Louis trains (via Shattac) carried "water bottles, after that time as the B&O had removed all of their water tanks. Later, these were some of the first runs to get GP-7's and SD-7's.