Re: [CBQ] Re: CBQ Demonstrator Locomotives

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CBQ Demonstrator Locomotives
From: "Charlie Vlk cvlk@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 22:16:45 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1431573410; bh=BK+U4sIKfUlhR2cvPazHoY5LuEfsqZWR8BTJlonxHgs=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=rguk4CQEGSkamel6V6aXhXUso3/Lw5iYpFGKkr4Z0vhsfjSocXnLoR35y8gvzzfBzemRV+F6J8h+LmdkM25NKVQL0QrWOtB5E/OG9IICadzTHtNv6kgRoDlwCdwYjKNBqIS5KePk7LTs2ViELzQ0827E5xyGtzgIqiHRCpeEZzI=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Somebody in the BRHS had a copy of an AFE for fuel costs to cover the use of a FM yard switcher demonstrator which worked at Western Avenue.  If I remember correctly there was even existed a film of it working.
Supposedly FM TrainMasters were considered to power the Commuter Service and a rendering of one is rumored to exist showing one crossing the Des Plaines River bridge.  The idea of pooling E8 and E9s with the mainline assignments  made more sense and simplified maintenance.
In discussing FM demonstrators someone...maybe Bat Masterson..said a Mechanical Dept guy left the Q to work at FM and it was not a happy situation and that FM would never have any chance to sell a locomotive to the Burlington because of it.
Charlie Vlk

Sent from my iPhone