Re: [CBQ] BNSF PLANS Chicago & Aurora div improvements

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] BNSF PLANS Chicago & Aurora div improvements
From: "STEVEN HOLDING sholding@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 14:39:08 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1430059151; bh=pthx1ObIl5BTjgeNIhEfIR4zcu6bn+q6GWfcMcOfMTM=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=sIpBXUUp7N8hSQ+9BNI8f6vtCCe4j3i2+2yl11es7wJB4hyDnL65U4KxeoA1ZLVvkTGgg3+uuqsTQNmM7pJ5Fyn3oq9OWXS3CSMBKFj4rbAX5y+dwACtCJz3BleF7Xs54yGAFrHyVj82uUitXcf9jXhvDrj1hlSWFcPtHdRo8c4=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Double track Sugar Grove to Aurora is not good UNLESS they put the third main back in Aurora to West Eola.  It was built with the idea of making that 5 tracks wide with the addition of two more then was built with.
Zearing use to have a yard on both sides of the two track main.
Double track Savanna to Burke is good we did need it in the '70s more when we were changing crews at Savanna
Extending sidings is great now they can run longer trains
CTC Bushnell to Beardstown should have been long ago if not double track I once had to run 6 against 8 on this single track line with track warrants and also run the Aurora to Galesburg double track line at the same time.
When the office was in Galesburg management would ask us what we wanted for improvements on the Ottumwa Div. and so we told them only to be overlooked every year so we quit answering.  Maybe now they will get something done.  Hopefully not like some of the CREATE projects that just messed the operations up more then before.
Off my soap box and back to the garden
Steve in SC