RE: [CBQ] CB&Q Standard 40ft box cars

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] CB&Q Standard 40ft box cars
From: "Hol Wagner holpennywagner@msn.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 09:51:59 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1426348322; bh=jvlYVQSbbUz0FkY4CTgwub/VwKORIz1ukcYd1+ekOkY=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=g9uU4A9LeIMhiExFAK7inILefpoEZyVFU1PSrqt2cttl2ui8Ll/lp6nkYg5K7QBQ7kMX1Nz1lkmWN853SwVDShbk4Mrl+yEMSY3rWAnzd1Y2pXpuyOE0Agkg9XW3pmjbPxYrYza/13nUTZFicaZkjjIQ2MMEBeA7bC4ToN8iYms=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Easy answer:  No.  The only revenue service cars painted orange were a group of 10 class HT-10 triple hoppers (170490-170499) built in early 1949 and equipped with roller bearing journals inside regular friction bearing journal boxes.  As such they were indistinguishable from the remainder of the cars equipped with standard friction bearings, so the 10 were painted Omaha orange with black lettering to differentiate them, the lettering all being the same as the standard mineral red with white lettering scheme.

Hol