RE: [CBQ] Re: E5B Roof Detail (was Wooden bridge over tracks in Lisle IL

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: E5B Roof Detail (was Wooden bridge over tracks in Lisle IL [1 Attachment] )
From: "Gordon Smith kc2bw@optonline.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 13:02:47 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1425664971; bh=w894LIykqDKsDpZaw6piYHWJSZv+FQV5oSWepOADBWc=; h=In-reply-to:To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=uoSSOO6QMbUOODeEH6/4FLxLCPMrU25sYbpbvR8Gojm2Uw6scsNLp9GGo7ztcazGLsUx/B5RwKWcGjITQI8Mv7HQoTd0lQ714FqU8ZiRvN5udQhhcSQow+irqzWRFbatvJQyQGih7jNCaeqn7mlMaVAyFuH50YkBFc/+Gr46nUU=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

From a message posted Sept 10, 2012, during a discussion on this subject in the archives:

If you look real close under magnification, you will see that the B unit rads are curved with the roof line. The A units have the raised flat rads and are phase I. The Bs had rads similar to the E7s. Now in Holcks vol I, page 71, you can clearly see the phase II rads on both A units. In vol II, page 34 both photos show phase I As, and clearly show the A and B differences.  The bottom is a I and II set. If you look at the pilots and buffers of those two lead units and compare them to  the top photo on page 35, you will see the other difference between a I and II A unit

Gordon Smith