[CBQ] Light switch engine on Fox River branch

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Light switch engine on Fox River branch
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 15:22:47 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks to all who supplied Illinois River Bridge photos. I am using several of
them.

Now I've found another topic I want to discuss on the 28th but lack a photo.
This may be a tough one.

On a Sunday,on a sporadic but somewhat frequent basis a single light switch
engine with an engineer and fireman would leave Eola rdhse. for The Fox River
branch.  The crew would leave the freshly inspected engine at Ottawa,take that
one to Streator,leave that there. Take the Streator unit and go to LaSalle and
make another change. Then go to Zearing and up the mainline back to Eola where
the LaSalle engine would undergo a 30 day inspection. There may or may not have
also been a swap at Mendota.

It was my understanding that if #85 didn't take a switch engine down in its
consist,when one of the branch yard engines was due for inspection; then the
above described run took place. I know this to be factual as I recall it
happening a few times between 68-72 when I was at Eola rdhse. On Sunday's.

Anyone have a photo of SW or NW in route on the branch ?

Leo Phillipp

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com