RE: [CBQ] re Photos

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] re Photos
From: "'Douglas Harding' doug.harding@iowacentralrr.org [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 12:10:42 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1423764634; bh=P3Iw0txD4cVzjE3atIzpywl4asjVsQ0aEb4Sku6Ar2I=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=WDbAhPGYxpNUFYWATWj6gkpDtC17Ch5J2SF0D1ELUpmwqNF6wmhMWf5DGnUnx8IJhAjcFCAo4JNIMJ97dHvzISKP63Ty8C7Cf4THO94MYHzFnsr4IfBQ2PtFgemmnUGGuPVnxOUGgnHeZsMdC8EIevKvLL/Av19NBeZq6KHD75U=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Yahoo Group allows attachments, if the group owner allows attachments. But Yahoo does not make it easy to find the attachments on the group website. When I go to the website I see a menu across the top of the message listings, with the following options: conversations, photos, files, about, more. You need to click on more, which will drop down a menu that contains attachments. Click on attachments to go to Yahoo’s directory which lists files and how many attachments each file contains. Click on the file you choose to open it and you will then see all the photos, files, etc. that have been attached to a given message. Click on a photo to see it larger or to enable a download of that photo.

When the group began allowing attachments I had to switch from Digest to Individual Email, because I discovered I was not receiving (and thus not seeing) the attachments. If you have a slow internet connection this may create difficulties and if the group is active you will find your inbox quickly fills. I have set my email software to move all messages from the CBQ Yahoo Group to a separate folder, so I can read them at my leisure.

Digest form: when someone joins a Yahoo group they can specify how they wish to receive messages, or they can change their preference at any time by going to their Yahoo profile. Digest version is a daily compilation of up to 25 messages, stripped of all attachments. If the daily message count is greater than 25 messages, you will get two or more daily digests.

Posted by: "Douglas Harding" <doug.harding@iowacentralrr.org>