RE: [CBQ] Burlington employees

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Burlington employees
From: "'Rupert & Maureen' gamlenz@ihug.co.nz [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 21:52:44 +1300
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1420966371; bh=OSSqv4DVZeiEN34d9ochs9hoa1o+hBLcaTD/GqVRepg=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=XzYvKPEjLy9oWjdhpo60F53Ef3IVYeOulhizL24ysaTITIKzglkvJTR2y4JymSHGzZOoNCkzMo8QpjdxE6u8FMWFk/E4WgEJNK/tjm5/p6c+W6p4qLqQn3++JHBu/D4CT6vdq2Kf1m0yyOhaMi92Of3tqgK2xnoGfjBaD/oxTJs=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Ironically, it was in the same year of 1881 that the Burlington and Wabash jointly created the Humeston & Shenandoah Railroad out of the Iowa, Missouri & Nebraska Railway (owned by the Wabash) and the Southern Iowa & Nebraska Railroad (owned by the Burlington). In 1895, there were foreclosure proceedings and the company was sold to Charles E Perkins (CB&Q President), and eventually folded into the Keokuk & Western in about 1901-2.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ