RE: [CBQ] scale test cars [1 Attachment]

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] scale test cars [1 Attachment]
From: "'Nelson Moyer' ku0a@mchsi.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 13:06:10 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1419361588; bh=Mg0HFkTgAe6g7eKzbgWXRkzJX7yMzPExjno+3nC6Qt8=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=wg9y19gEmZTx0lecom4gbXNM3kUXO+4gEqi7Qa4aOzdkejflozTyBVHY5hqRN6fcR/GKEsq0huGYZUEt8bpW3Lu2NQPLgHkovMkv+t9LNaFxeliyvK8BU1e9cCzjdMEgP0icU1FvB86w1cuEuNBEZQnUYcB+RkhuEEfEfCzV8pM=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Duncan,

Someone kindly sent me this image, which you will find instructive. I don’t have any information about when or where the photo was taken, but the calibration date is clearly shown to be 8-6-68 , which accounts for the safety yellow and red paint. This picture doesn’t address your question about earlier paint schemes, but it’s the only color picture I’ve ever seen. BB#27 has an article on scale test cars and scale houses. Page 62 states “It appears that the car was painted black when it was built, though most other company service equipment was mineral red when (except heavy equipment such as wreckers, pile drivers, and rotary snowplows). Q scale test cars were definitely painted black by the time the first Southwark cart was delivered in 1936.”

Nelson Moyer