Re: [CBQ] CB&Q U25C's in Savanna

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q U25C's in Savanna
From: "thommack@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2014 05:17:33 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1419167855; bh=/AEcgTQvNxw6I2s82hpf0TjRsJVpzfbZiE+tf9Diqy4=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=Mg3tRub9WyOuw0y3gA9Im5mwUPKXQ3SBfBAzlFrydPOxYI4JgUXiJDfTOsjDLoZa7UDM1XacaoqO6Q0QmBriokNjPyYgXyY3+DMDF1xv2YgQtbl001Aw++s/UObAb42EiWmulwFxRaANCekIZNQBCTrVF1Jwv/1x7txMwQ3vy+o=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Thanks Steven. I don't have that book but I know I found plenty of photos of U25/28C's on the line through Savanna and Oregon post-merger. So it makes sense that these units started showing up more regularly before the merger. And unfortunately the BN in Color Vol.1 does not have a date for the U25C/GP20 combo at Erie, IL.

Anyone know how I can get a copy of the Q book Steven references? Is it still in print?

Tom Mack

Cincinnati, OH

---In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, <sfye@...> wrote :

In the book The "Q" by the Northwestern Illinois Chapter of the NRHS there is a picture from February 1970 showing U28C in U25C carbodies going through Stratford Illinois. The caption said that six axle GE's where being used there due to power assignment changes for the impending merger. Hope this helps.

Steven Fye
---- "thommack@... [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> I think I finally found photographic evidence of a U25C visiting Savanna, IL. In Burlington Northern in Color Volume 1 - The Urge to Merge, by Jim Boyd, on page 27 is a photo of a Q freight with CB&Q 554 U25C leading a GP20 northbound over a timber trestle near Erie, IL. This would be on the line from Galesburg to Savanna via Denrock. While this is not the C&I, is there anywhere else this train could have been going other than Savanna?
>

> Tom Mack
> Cincinnati, OH

Posted by: thommack@yahoo.com