RE: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Car Numbers & Location

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Car Numbers & Location
From: "'Charlie Vlk' cvlk@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 12:59:16 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1417460367; bh=pQdnwPlE/PSwFvyB+ygGrrOII7Zjums43zvBXCKobUQ=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=jITINsYDmRccZCmm2kZRJCpqFEYetm9XBn06WX9BIhZtqR6JcwQ+mb7rfh+rL45LRpHycDNgDkligB8dPcfvKveGWUkShNiEe825yd3j0raSk/Fn4/KPylZGR7lJT26BNP5RZwokcbZ1rh+I8j08T+aZ6OiJFTwYqkjElP1GHrc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Bill and James-

The Conductor Lists show Car Names, so I would guess that the terminal switchers and maintenance people used them as well.   The car numbers only appeared on the interior bulkhead and end doors, with perhaps some small maintenance stenciling on trucks and underbody components, so car numbers for named cars were not “intuitively obvious to the casual observer”.  Recall that Pullman cars handled by all railroads did not carry any ID numbers so the that being the case is not a stretch.

Charlie Vlk