[CBQ] Re: A Christmas Mikado

To: CB&Q Group <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: A Christmas Mikado
From: "William Barber clipperw@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 22:30:00 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1416544204; bh=AaBnYpHeFahZanXzpyf34njVK70VLLG2SB2rKE6/0sE=; h=References:To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=XnbmZa4g+Sr/XvV9hVOMHS6rKhk21WaNQsbDrozZpq5r4XvMh83pTioB0qxs5I7Godh/Hwa8HmgK/HszmnjSOryJZMZY2lNnCr6o8T9H6MzAtBnnu345rcMIaQRZCtXmes5jc0zTV4tNCyI3jhj6zveU3PCwoboWwDsf6TjnCKw=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Glen,

Nice webpage and presentation, but I do have a couple of comments. I tried posting them on your website, but I am not sure that it completed properly. Here is a copy of the same general comments:

Nice set of photos and presentation. You have an excellent memory or your took excellent notes to recall the details of a trip almost 55 years ago. I have two comments. First, there are four surviving CB&Q O-1As. They include the 4960 that you mentioned which is now owned and operated by the Grand Canyon Railroad, 4963 owned by the Illinois Railway Museum in Union, IL, 4978 on display adjacent to the Mendota, IL depot and 4994 masquerading as Fort Worth and Denver 401 at the National Ranching Heritage Center in Lubbock, TX Second, Downers Grove (my hometown) is not the home of Electro-Motive Division of General Motors (now owned by Progress rail which in turn is owned by Caterpillar, Inc of Peoria, IL (the Bulldozer manufacturer). EMD was and is located in McCook, IL adjacent to LaGrange, IL which is also EMD's mailing address.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO