[CBQ] Re: CB&Q Dry-Flow Covered Hoppers

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Dry-Flow Covered Hoppers
From: "tangentscalemodels@yahoo.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2014 07:30:51 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1416324713; bh=mMt9xTDTd1yjQLyPCLPTmnqeUEe+pwEkEZ7JFCEPnVs=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=cr32ciAxnR4kwKtpNH9K2DE9kbK9pgqEAMIJm1QngUG3vmpSiwcjHgiAdRPj6FuFPGn493dIrNZsAK2wRmahuQb9p4+vzX12pO6rHavOJxG0DGMPvmosyeyMDJz8smlO+TAwPpkh9ord5cprWBJPZswpjlHUeB9U/GGHLbLLRNQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

---In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, <glenehaug@...> wrote :

>> I see where Tangent Scale Models has come out with a dry-flow covered hopper.  Although they haven't made one in CB&Q yet, they advertise an undecorated RTR model painted in primer gray.  I'm wondering if anyone on the list has purchased one of the undecs, and can comment on it.  Particularly the shade of primer gray, and if it is ready to decal without additional coats of paint.<<

Glen, while Jim Sandrin is correct with his experience with our GSC flat undecorated model (a problem that has since been remedied), that brush stroke does not apply to the Tangent Scale Models General American Dry-Flo covered hoppers.  Our standards are far higher than that, as Jim and others can attest to.

The shade of primer gray on the Tangent Scale Models RTR General American Dry-flo undecs is the correct gray for CBQ.  It is meant to be decaled on right away.  We also offer our tank cars and coal hoppers undecorated RTR painted black in a similar manner so they can be decaled on right away.  We at Tangent are modelers and understand the value of removing a step from the model preparation process!

You can purchase an RTR Undecorated car here: https://www.tangentscalemodels.com/product/undecorated-rtr-primer-gray-ga-dry-flo/

If you are unhappy with the color we will accept a return.  We will offer CBQ and perhaps C&S factory painted down the road, but that date is not at all firm at this point.

Best regards,

David Lehlbach

Tangent Scale Models

Posted by: tangentscalemodels@yahoo.com