RE: [CBQ] FS – PRICE REDUCED --ONE PROTO2000 CB&Q SD7 BLACK/G

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] FS – PRICE REDUCED --ONE PROTO2000 CB&Q SD7 BLACK/G
From: "Doug Andrews dandrews1@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 10:27:51 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1412692072; bh=gYnj1fIS8qcdrlEDnGRJ5XLc5UNK2MiwfreOowJBveU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:From:Subject; b=F2E+4LQ2KTScJ808qj5gsfNlLHoBA7GUrTgrH4lzNBolNlMTA3z8u4/GrXX42ydZzQ3DFtKHLWRwdjy0P1nxUXFpsBXzhPYpyPhjM9zGETVBfFP/Qhvj+P0qAZtlXCLEqwRj2zRmH4DkwAwe5amOy98lUjIYG82HFq+/5Y/9K+Y=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Good Day Nelson and thank for your email regarding the P2K CB&Q SD7 I have for sale.

You are truly a 1 in a hundred HO modeller.  Your pursuit of performance, fidelity and real accuracy in a model is exceptional and should be admired.

Fact is though that is not what I have for sale.

I don't think that the Proto2000 folks had that level of accuracy in mind when they had this particular SD7 mass manufactured offshore several years ago.  Rather I think they were trying to make some SD7's in a large number of paint schemes one of which happened to be CB&Q black and gray.  For a variety of reasons they ended up with what was to them a commercially acceptable approximation of the kind of model you wish to build.

So in two different ways both you and the Proto2000 folks have an approach to the SD7 that satisfies the needs of each person.  That I think is what diversity in model building is all about.  In some ways we should be thankful that manufacturers make some compromises on fidelity so that in the end their customers get a wider choice of models to buy.

Anyway --  thanks Nelson for your offer on the SD7 -- but I will decline it and keep the SD7 on the market as outlined in my email of yesterday at 40 US$'s plus actual delivery costs to the buyers location.  As I look at the current selling prices for this model I continue to be in the middle range of asking prices so that is where I am content to stay.

I hope that soon you find the right SD7 for you and finish it with all the accuracy you desire.  It will be a great model.

Best,  Doug Andrews

Posted by: Doug Andrews <dandrews1@gmail.com>