Re: [CBQ] Re: Rochelle Swift Plant

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Rochelle Swift Plant
From: "Leo qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 09:17:38 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1409494658; bh=jLH5plefeFFTSTtsJmTqhQVVm7fGPMP8HEGJ6o1wLog=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:To:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=uvNxd73yiS9DzIvUbwQ5Sx2fSwFK2nLg7dpMkLDPHfqRZ96C27xjaHhRgoElQfx6604Y8ECFLpUH6H988KoX8MXnDEB902nrq34fLOdEaNRqFhMWZjmMoYBLLQuFVwQNcmxegSbxYlSLAZf9YHIMFVOTUEX9Ywzor/bAr1HR0iM=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Rich and Doug,

While not definitive this may help.

My book of Aurora Div track charts has a page dated 2-15-60 for Rochelle. On it there is no Ice track or spur into Swift. In fact the further most tracks on the east end of town are the pass and storage. Standard Oil is the farthest eastward industry at that time.
In Spoors volume on pg 52/53 there is a picture of cars on the Ice trk and the switch into Swift is
Clearly shown.

Having switched the plant many times I would have sworn it was much older than 1962.

Leo Phillipp

Sent from my iPad