[CBQ] Pg 70 of Facilities Book

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Pg 70 of Facilities Book
From: "Leo qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:08:28 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1408050541; bh=PPFCWtpZxs0HVXJfAsr5bynBJ24BjHefNTULoJEqc7g=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Mailer:Message-Id:To:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=u+hQeE2H3nIbxWflnSiA8gcHEmDBQQOQja91yVou3r88+IgRy8dCgo/dg0EoiDE2Vw48Y+NvI74E92ENkbgc8EQMGopk+WSbx29xENFT/kLIeP/Kijuidu2sW+EfnMNH+k1IwF5825WoLgMAiBi4HjKJv+1Sj/oB9WleoRRHdqY=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
First let me say my purpose in pointing out errors is not to belittle any
effort to record the history of the Q. Rather simply to document it correctly.
Anyone who preserves the history of the company is OK in my book.

On pg 70 the scene is noted as a eastbound train at Savanna. It's westbound
into the high number(10-20) yard trks in the yard. This train was made up at
either Galesburg or Cicero because,per Q SOP, there are low cars in front of
the Waycar so the rear end crew has a better
View of the train.

To add some more "color" to the color photo.....

Once the train is in the clear on the yard trk. If radios are available the
ydmstr will tell the engine crew he is in the clear and they will stop and cut
off. If no radios the rear end crew will set the air
When in the clear. Then the pictured Savanna switch engine will grab the w/c,
pull it up to the yard office(seen in the distance in the photo). Someone will
line the lead switch for the rdhse,rip trk,w/c trks and the w/c will be given a
very gentle kick down the lead. The road crew will tie her down on the assigned
trk. For either the Galesburg or Aurora Div cars.

How do I know all this..... Thanks to L.B. Peshia, Aurora Div Condr I broke for
in the pool. By the way the year is not noted but if I was asked to bet on
which division this w/c belonged to I'd say Aurora as it was the last to go to
pooled w/c's.

If your coming to the Rock Island meet you will learn much more from Lew Peshia
in my presentation on 69/64

Leo Phillipp

Sent from my iPad

Posted by: Leo <qutlx1@aol.com>