[CBQ] [CB&Q] Re: Alaska Connection

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] [CB&Q] Re: Alaska Connection
From: "Paul Kossart paulkossart@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 11:09:12 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1406045355; bh=6X7JuUxCeKy1vPO+y/+Qg8kvrm8sZuG45wTaeUeNPhw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=u+hdp7Edde7Hs5Qu7YNjduAsCeUMhhJCdqmUVJP+qErJxH+xiGdxlwzwhnUasBxMivvI4BW0Fat5An2IZ8OvjNoyCmgXHEfWpZJbg3tMvq5OVcMpgo4FhQ37kJBQQ40fnA+qPZSrwFBipkSZOEp7y+FttZqG5S7Piy+3mM9Y3Mw=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 2:36 AM,<CBQ@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> CBQ Group
>
> 1 Message    Digest #5998
> 1a
>  by "Ted Schnepf"
>

> Hello,
>
> I rode the WP&Y in the mid 1970's. Our passenger train was mixed and
> about 60 cars long. Not bad slack action even at 30moph. Had 5
> engines up front for the hilly sections. The evening freight train
> out of white Horse full of ore and other cars, was 125 cars long with
> two diesels. At Lake Bennet, the train was split in half, and each
> section taken down the hill by five diesels, with retainers on the 4%.
>
> ted
>
> At 09:24 PM 7/16/2014, you wrote:
> >I must echo Leo's comments about riding the White Pass. I rode the last
> >year behind the Alcos. Great engine sounds and chime air horns. The GE
> >units were on the train that followed us up the line. I spent the whole
> >trip on the end platform of our car taking photos and soaking in the fresh
> >air and scenery.
> >
> >Definitely one of the best rides that I have taken. Well run and the crews
> >are very friendly and polite.
> >
> >I also agree about the salmon, but you have to have the local beer as well.
> >
> >Mike Cafferata
> >

> Ted Schnepf
> railsunl@sbcglobal.net

````````
Excuse me, but the question begs to be asked:

What does all this have to do with the Burlington?

--
Paul Kossart
In Peru, IL

Posted by: Paul Kossart <paulkossart@gmail.com>