Re: [CBQ] Re: Athearn HO CBQ auto rack

To: "CBQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <CBQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Athearn HO CBQ auto rack
From: "'fhc925@xxxxxxxxxxxx' fhc925@xxxxxxxxxxxx [CBQ]" <CBQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 20:45:27 -0700

The Q had a small number of bi-levels (maybe 10) assigned to Massey Ferguson at Detroit on the C&O.  They were unusual as they were "self-unloaders".  One end section of the B deck (top deck) could be lowered with some sort of a winch system.  This system allowed these cars to be unloaded at locations other than an auto facility.  I do not remember who manufactured the racks but I would guess it was Whitehead and Kales at River Rouge.
Fred Crissey